Download Ebook Poems from the Book of Hours, by Rainer Maria Rilke
Here, we have countless e-book Poems From The Book Of Hours, By Rainer Maria Rilke as well as collections to review. We additionally serve variant types as well as sort of guides to browse. The enjoyable e-book, fiction, past history, unique, science, as well as other sorts of books are readily available here. As this Poems From The Book Of Hours, By Rainer Maria Rilke, it turneds into one of the preferred publication Poems From The Book Of Hours, By Rainer Maria Rilke collections that we have. This is why you remain in the right site to see the fantastic books to possess.

Poems from the Book of Hours, by Rainer Maria Rilke
Download Ebook Poems from the Book of Hours, by Rainer Maria Rilke
Poems From The Book Of Hours, By Rainer Maria Rilke. One day, you will certainly uncover a brand-new journey as well as understanding by investing more money. However when? Do you assume that you should acquire those all demands when having significantly money? Why do not you try to obtain something straightforward initially? That's something that will lead you to recognize even more about the world, adventure, some locations, history, home entertainment, and much more? It is your personal time to proceed reading habit. One of guides you could take pleasure in now is Poems From The Book Of Hours, By Rainer Maria Rilke right here.
This letter may not affect you to be smarter, yet the book Poems From The Book Of Hours, By Rainer Maria Rilke that our company offer will evoke you to be smarter. Yeah, at the very least you'll understand more than others which do not. This is what called as the high quality life improvisation. Why should this Poems From The Book Of Hours, By Rainer Maria Rilke It's due to the fact that this is your favourite style to review. If you like this Poems From The Book Of Hours, By Rainer Maria Rilke theme around, why don't you review guide Poems From The Book Of Hours, By Rainer Maria Rilke to improve your conversation?
The presented book Poems From The Book Of Hours, By Rainer Maria Rilke our company offer here is not sort of usual book. You recognize, reading currently does not suggest to manage the published book Poems From The Book Of Hours, By Rainer Maria Rilke in your hand. You could get the soft file of Poems From The Book Of Hours, By Rainer Maria Rilke in your gadget. Well, we imply that the book that we extend is the soft documents of the book Poems From The Book Of Hours, By Rainer Maria Rilke The content and all points are very same. The distinction is just the types of guide Poems From The Book Of Hours, By Rainer Maria Rilke, whereas, this condition will exactly pay.
We discuss you likewise the way to get this book Poems From The Book Of Hours, By Rainer Maria Rilke without visiting the book shop. You can continue to check out the link that we provide as well as prepared to download Poems From The Book Of Hours, By Rainer Maria Rilke When many people are busy to seek fro in the book establishment, you are really simple to download the Poems From The Book Of Hours, By Rainer Maria Rilke here. So, just what else you will opt for? Take the inspiration right here! It is not just giving the appropriate book Poems From The Book Of Hours, By Rainer Maria Rilke but likewise the right book collections. Here we always provide you the best as well as simplest means.
A beautiful bilingual gift book of poems: selections from Rilke’s legendary masterpiece, The Book of Hours, with a new introduction by Ursula K. Le Guin.
Although The Book of Hours is the work of Rilke's youth, it contains the germ of his mature convictions. Written as spontaneously as received prayers, these poems celebrate a God who is not the Creator of the Universe but is rather humanity itself, and, above all, that most intensely conscious part of humanity, the artist. Babette Deutsch's classic translations capture the rich harmony and suggestive imagery of the originals, allowing interpretations both religious and philosophical and transporting the reader to new heights of inspirations and musicality.- Sales Rank: #884630 in Books
- Published on: 2016-07-15
- Released on: 2016-07-15
- Original language: English
- Dimensions: 8.00" h x .20" w x 5.20" l, .18 pounds
- Binding: Paperback
- 64 pages
Review
“Rilke made the sturdy sonnet, recast the sonorous song. He quickened the German language itself.” (Rika Lesser - The Nation)
“If Rilke cut himself shaving, he would bleed poetry.” (Stephen Spender - The New York Review of Books)
Language Notes
Text: English, German
About the Author
Rainer Maria Rilke (1875-1926) is considered one of the greatest poets who ever wrote in the German language. His most famous works are Sonnets to Orpheus, The Duino Elegies, Letters to a Young Poet, and The Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge. His collected work is comprised of hundreds of other poems, essays, plays, and stories.
Babette Deutsch (1859–1982) was a poet, critic, and novelist, as well as a translator.
Ursula K. Le Guin has written over fifty books of prose and poetry. Winner of many prizes including a National Book Award, she is perhaps best known for her six Books of Earthsea which have sold millions of copies and been translated into sixteen languages.
Most helpful customer reviews
4 of 4 people found the following review helpful.
A little piece of Rilke's Heaven
By Linda Wilk
Poems from the Book of Hours is wonderful for a few reasons:
First, it contains both the German and the English translation opposite each other, and if you are a mediocre German reader, as I am, it is wonderful to be able to practice one's reading by having both available. The English translation can't really compare to the timing of the original; one has to read aloud the German to get this feel.
Second, this book comes from a time of religious struggle in Rilke's life, and though I do not know the history, it is a time I can relate to. It is a time I feel almost anyone who has led a seeking life will find something here to relate to.
Third, there is a depth which I have found with all of Rilke's work, and of course that depth is here, even in this some of his earliest work, yet here there is a gutsy, sometimes even barren feel to the poems. I felt there was almost a desperation. See if you feel as I felt.
13 of 13 people found the following review helpful.
Beautiful
By Dianne E. Guinn
I have bought copies of this for many people and I keep a paperback copy to lend in addition to my first edition hardcover. Some of the writing is so lovely that if I read very many of the poems at once, I feel intoxicated. I would recommend this to most anyone.
22 of 27 people found the following review helpful.
Poems from book of hours by Rilke brief but beautiful
By Tascha Dresser
Some years ago I acquired the version of Rilkes book of hours translated by Joanna Macy and Anita Barrows and loved them so much ( please see review I wrote for this particular translation). I was hoping to find one poem from the book of hours that was included in the Macy/Barrows translation and even earlier on a audio cassette of poetry that featured several of Rilkes poems and an excerpt from Letters to a young poet,needless to say I am disappointed not to find this poem in this edition of the book of hours. That is why I Give it only four stars and not five. Aside from not finding this poem in this book I did find that the ones that were included here were beautiful and some how the translator has managed to bring more poetic fluency and even rhyme to these poems that were not in later editions of it which I appreciated. For those of you who would like to know the poem of which I speak of here I will copy it below as best as my memory knows it for you: You darkness of whom I born I love you more than all the fires that fense in the world. For the fire creates a circle of light for everyone and then no one learns of you. But the darkness takes in everything shapes and shadows creatures and me people, nations- just as they are. It let's me imagine a great presence stirring beside me. I believe in the night.
Poems from the Book of Hours, by Rainer Maria Rilke PDF
Poems from the Book of Hours, by Rainer Maria Rilke EPub
Poems from the Book of Hours, by Rainer Maria Rilke Doc
Poems from the Book of Hours, by Rainer Maria Rilke iBooks
Poems from the Book of Hours, by Rainer Maria Rilke rtf
Poems from the Book of Hours, by Rainer Maria Rilke Mobipocket
Poems from the Book of Hours, by Rainer Maria Rilke Kindle






0 komentar:
Posting Komentar